Global IP Transit
China Telecom’s Global Internet Service (GIS) delivers connectivity around the world using CN2 (China Telecom Next Generation Carrier Network AS 4809) which has the highest resilience, redundancy and low latency. By connecting to CT’s CN2, global telecom operators benefit from differentiated internet transit services: scalable bandwidth, outstanding connectivity, flexible billing options and rich product features.
China Telecom’s CN2 global transit can achieve as fast convergence as 500 ms on average, 8 equal path load sharing, and smooth re-starting based on IGP/BGP protocol, and full grid multicast. Leveraging extensive connections to global top-level upstream partnerships and a wealth of terrestrial and submarine cables, CN2 provides high-speed and low-latency transit service.
Average Network Latency:
- Hong Kong – Mainland China < 50 ms
- Singapore – Mainland China < 80 ms
- Asia (Intra-Asia) < 150 ms
- Europe – Asia < 240 ms
- Transatlantic < 90 ms
- Transpacific < 130 ms
With China Telecom Europe’s Global Internet Service you get:
CN2 provides you with a high-speed and low-latency transit service, using our extensive connections to global top-tier upstream partners and our own terrestrial and submarine cables.
- Worldwide coverage: more than 300 PoPs including all China’s cities and major cities worldwide
- High stability: highly redundant and reliable service with industry competitive SLAs
- Light loading: transmission channel utilisation ratio at no more than 50% to ensure quality of service (QoS)
- Flexible billing options: providing fixed monthly charges and burstable billing based on our contingency usage (95th percentile) model
- Multiple access options: SDH (2M and above) or Ethernet (1M-1000M)
- Regional specific routes: BGP-4 with providing full routes or regional specific routes
- Safety policy: ensuring network security with AS-SET updates, DNS Registry and Anti-DDoS service
- Web-based customer portal: get reports on your link usage and network performance
- 24/7 proactive network: with highly qualified engineers managing and monitoring performance
- High SLAs: delivering 99.9% service availability and 99.99% network availability
- Fast service provisioning: runs on average 30 business days and faster in major cities.