Global IP Transit
China Telecom’s Global Internet Service (GIS) offers connectivity everywhere around the world via CN2 (China Telecom Next Generation Carrier Network AS 4809) with highest resiliency, redundancy and low latency. By connecting to CN2, China Telecom provides global telecom operators with differentiated Internet transit services of scalable bandwidth, outstanding connectivity, flexible billing options and rich product features.
China Telecom’s CN2 global transit can achieve as fast convergence as 500 ms on average, 8 equal path load sharing, and smooth re-starting based on IGP/BGP protocol, and full grid multicast. Leveraging extensive connections to global top-level upstream partnerships and a wealth of terrestrial and submarine cables, CN2 provides high-speed and low-latency transit service.
Average Network Latency:
- Hong Kong – Mainland China < 50 ms
- Singapore – Mainland China < 80 ms
- Asia (Intra-Asia) < 150 ms
- Europe – Asia < 240 ms
- Transatlantic < 90 ms
- Transpacific < 130 ms
Key Features and Benefits
Leveraging on extensive connections to global top-tier upstream partners and a wealth of terrestrial and submarine cables, CN2 can provide high-speed and low-latency transit service.
- Worldwide coverage: more than 300 PoPs including all China’s cities and major cities worldwide
- High stability: highly redundant and reliable service with industry competitive SLA
- Light loading: no more than 50% of the transmission channel utilisation ratio to ensure quality of service (QoS)
- Flexible Billing options: providing fixed monthly charges and burstable billing based on contingency usage (95th percentile) model
- Multiple access options: SDH (2M and above) or Ethernet (1M -1000M)
- Regional specific-route: BGP-4 with providing full routes or regional specific routes
- Safety policy: ensuring network security with AS-SET updates, DNS Registry and Anti-DDoS service
- Web-based customer Portal: offering reports on utilisation of link and network performance
- 24/7 proactive network performance managing and monitoring with highly qualified engineers
- SLAs with 99.9% service availability and 99.99% network availability
- Service provisioning runs on average 30 business days or less in major cities.